Executive Director Job Announcement View as PDF
This is a full-time position for immediate hire that reports to a supportive and professional Board of Directors. This impactful leadership position is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of EarthShare Georgia. The Executive Director is responsible for setting the strategy and achieving the objectives for the organization, the Corporate Sustainers, foundations and donors. This position requires a dynamic, mission-driven leader who is passionate about leading hands-on operations, fostering growth, as well as developing and managing programs that engage the business community in the work of EarthShare Georgia’s member groups (non-profit environmental organizations).
ABOUT EARTHSHARE GEORGIA
Founded in 1992 as the Environmental Fund for Georgia, EarthShare Georgia is a nonprofit federation that provides public and private sector organizations with solutions to engage employees in volunteer, learning, and giving opportunities that help support more than 100 local, state and national organizations dedicated to conserving and protecting our air, land and water. EarthShare Georgia works year-round to connect the business and environmental communities in order to increase environmental awareness, raise funds ($6.5 million to date) and leverage the work of its member groups.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure its overall successful long-term operations
- Supervise the staff responsible for maintaining and growing workplace-giving campaigns, ensuring outstanding communications via traditional and social media, providing financial reports, and responding to inquiries, as well as additional duties to support the mission
- Assure that the organization makes consistent and timely progress in achieving its mission and targeting environmental impact
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans and execute on the policies authorized by the Board
- Plan, actively manage, and oversee the organization’s operations, programs, fundraising, and operations while ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability
- Oversee and report on the organization’s activities to the Board of Directors; assist with board development
- Drive development and fundraising in collaboration with the Development Director, leveraging the Board as needed
- Lead, manage, and guide the organization to attain continued growth, success, and optimal mission impact for programs and services
- Serve as the representative and spokesperson for EarthShare Georgia with the media, businesses and other community partners
- Actively engage in complex fiscal management through hands on budgetary development and oversight; routinely report performance and financial activities to the Board
- Provide thoughtful executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors, and in collaboration with EarthShare National and the affiliates
- Foster a collaborative working environment, encourage professional development, and champion accountability within the team and in partnership with the Board and Advisory Council.
- Attend all Board meetings and provide staff reports and updates on current work, project timelines, and project and organizational progress
- Establish goals, objectives, and operational plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors, staff, and other leaders
- Communicate effectively with the Board by providing members with all information necessary to continually function properly and make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner
The ideal candidate for this role embraces servant-leadership as well as a thoughtful approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational leadership. The qualified candidate should bring:
- At least seven years of prior executive experience in a leadership role of a related nonprofit organization and/or organization
- A proven track record of growing organizational capacity and programmatic impact
- A strong passion for the mission and programs of EarthShare Georgia
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a complex budget
- Passion for innovative program creation and organizational funding growth
- Ability to review current organizational programs/structures and make recommendations that empower programmatic refinements
- Capacity to excel at influencing and leading an organization towards positive growth
- Capable of designing and directing strategies that enhance and support organizational operations
- Knowledge of how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity among organizational staff in order to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment
- Experience in creating and establishing clear, measurable business goals
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with media, staff, and the community
Salary is commensurate with experience ($65-70K range), and includes a generous benefits package and flexible work environment.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Application deadline: Wednesday, September 15.
EarthShare Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a board-approved Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policy.