Grow your skills and network while fostering your passion for the environment!
August 19 -December 13, 2019 (preferred)
EarthShare Georgia connects people to trusted non-profit organizations dedicated to conserving and protecting our air, land and water. Founded by environmental organizations in 1992 to represent them in workplace-giving programs, EarthShare Georgia partners with dozens of employers to help raise funds through workplace-giving campaigns to help support nearly 70 environmental member groups. For further information go to: www.earthsharega.org.
We are currently looking for a college/university undergraduate or graduate student interested in assisting with brief presentations and tabling events to employees in the public and private sector during the workplace-campaign giving season. Each fall, EarthShare Georgia participates in dozens of events alongside other non-profit federations and individual charities. The funds raised through payroll donations help support the work of our member charities working locally, nationally and internationally to care for our air, land and water. EarthShare Georgia also plays a key role in connecting individuals to environmental volunteer and learning opportunities throughout the year.
• Work with a leading non-profit organization that supports 70 local and national environmental groups through workplace-giving campaigns to gain important job skills and training.
• Learn about Georgia’s environmental issues and the work of organizations dedicated to improving ourair, land and water.
• Develop communications and marketing skills through preparing and making brief presentations for employee-giving campaign events.
• Network with environmental professionals to help with career development and future employment opportunities in the environmental and sustainability fields.
Assist with organizing materials and participating in employee-giving campaign events throughout Atlanta. The intern will be trained on information and messaging about EarthShare of Georgia and the member charities we help support through employee giving programs. The intern will also assist with campaign management support, such as data entry and donor acknowledgements under the supervision of the Development and Events Manager. Other duties will be assigned to help support the mission and ongoing daily operations.
1) Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills.
2) Computer program literacy
3) Technology skills a plus
4) Outgoing and friendly personality
5) Interest in and knowledge of environmental issues
6) Physical stamina and ability to lift boxes, load cars with staff and other volunteers for event set- up and take-down
7) Reliability, honesty and integrity
8) Willingness to assist others and work as a team
9) Available transportation for commuting to midtown office and to local events
Monday-Thursday 10-1 or 1-4, for a total of 250-300 hours to meet work-study college requirements, but we are flexible and would be happy with a student who can devote a minimum of 200 hours to this internship (10-20 hours per week). To apply, please contact Trecinia Wiggins, Development Director,[email protected] or call 404-873-3173.