EARTH DAY 2022
When: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 • 6-8pm
Where: King Plow Arts Center, 887 West Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318. View directions here.
Please note if using your GPS, it will direct you to the loading dock. When you get to West Marietta St NW, look for Entrance 1 and follow the last two bullet points. Entrance 1 is about 200 yards before the loading dock.
Parking: Complimentary Valet
On the menu: Beer & Wine Bar🍷 Citrus glazed cedar plank salmon; Pastry wrapped chicken sausage with maple mustard; Field greens with strawberries, goat cheese, pralines, and sweet peppercorn vinaigrette; Grilled seasonal vegetables; Cheese samplings with dried fruits, nuts, assorted bread, & lavosh; Petite desserts
2022 Award Recipients
Outstanding Campaign Partner 2022
Outstanding Nonprofit Partner 2022
Keep Georgia Beautiful Foundation
Volunteer of the Year 2022
Jerry Travers, Bank of America
Sustainability Social Innovator 2022
Leigh-Kathryn Bonner, Bee Downtown
🌎 Earth Day Party | Get Tickets
Wednesday, April 13
🐝 EarthShare Georgia hosts Bee Downtown’s founder Leigh-Kathryn Bonner | Thank you for joining us - view photos
Thank You to Our Presenting Sponsor, Kaiser Permanente
Since 2004, Kaiser Permanente has raised more than a million dollars to help support our member organizations, been the Presenting Sponsor for our annual Earth Day events, and provided numerous grants to support EarthShare Georgia's mission. In 2021, they received EarthShare Georgia's 2021 Outstanding Campaign Partner Award. And, for the 2022 campaign year, Kaiser Permanente employees have pledged $20,000. These funds will support the Nonprofit Partners that are working hard every day to conserve and protect our air, land and water.
Thank you to our Corporate Sustainers:
Original broadcast of CBS News Special Report with Walter Cronkite about the first Earth Day, 1970. Also known as Earth Week 1970.
Are you part of Earth Day history?
Tag us in your photos online #EarthDayGA2020 – we’ll be watching!
- Bike to work, car pool, use mass transit, or walk. Set goals and compete with friends by getting involved with Georgia Commute Options and use the app, GACommuter. Better yet, encourage your workplace to become a Bicycle Friendly Business.
- Get a recycling or composting program started with the help of Keep America Beautiful. There are lots of ideas and resources at their Recyling@Work portal.
- Start a Green Team. Follow this checklist from Energy Star for creative ideas to help your green team get started.
- Conduct an energy audit at your workplace. Look for lights and equipment needlessly left on, drafty windows and doors you could insulate, inefficient thermostat settings, and other energy-wasters. Make recommendations for improvements that will save energy and money.
- Put up an Earth Day bulletin board during April that offers employees new energy-saving tips each week.
- Participate in EarthShare Georgia’s Earth Day events to connect with the organizations working hard every day to conserve and protect our air, land and water.
- Make Earth Day Every Day! Encourage your employer to participate in the Corporate Sustainer program. Email email@example.com to get started with year-round opportunities.