A Message from our Executive Director
It’s that Time Again: Make Earth Day Every Day with your Tax-Deductible Year-End Donation to EarthShare of Georgia for 2015!
It’s simple. We all need easy access to healthy food, clean and abundant water, fresh air, parks and greenspace- so much of what many of us take for granted. With your year-end tax-deductible contribution, you are ensuring that Earth Day is every day for every Georgia citizen.
Each year, EarthShare of Georgia staff and volunteers reach thousands of people with a clear message: take care of our air, land and water and helps take care of your health and well-being while improving the world around us. The network of nearly 70 trusted non-profits we help support year-round, our member groups, is making a difference every day. And you can too.
EarthShare of Georgia plays a leading role statewide as a resource for anyone interested in learning about or volunteering to improve Georgia’s environment exploring an environmental or conservation career, or deciding which organization in our network can help address an area of environmental concern. EarthShare of Georgia proves every day that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
So, what have we been doing this year? Here are just a few accomplishments that make leading EarthShare of Georgia something I am proud of every day.
- More than 75 presentations were made to more than 10,000 individuals working in both the public and private sector throughout Georgia. These include individuals such as post office employees, MARTA workers and those in the health care and carpet industries.
- More than $350,000 dollars were pledged through our work on behalf of our member groups, bringing our cumulative total to more than $5.5 million. But we can’t stop here. Let’s make it to a million!
- Started new workplace-giving campaigns with the Green Chamber of the South, Hannah Solar and Interface to help improve and sustain our air, land and water.
- Launched the Corporate Sustainer program to provide year-round opportunities for employers to engage their employees in Georgia’s environment.
- Partnered with companies for in-kind donations valued at more than $70,000 to produce videos that help us spread the word about Georgia’s environment while saving costs on printing, supplies and event venues.
- Maintained an administrative overhead of 11% by keep operating costs down and focusing our work in raising critical dollars for our member groups and promoting the work they do throughout the year.
When you give to EarthShare of Georgia, or designate to one or more of our member groups, you are helping ensure that we will have clean air, clean water and greenspace to enjoy for generations to come. Thank you in advance for your generous support and for all you do to care for Georgia’s air, land and water. Every dollar makes a difference!